Type Approval Team
Type Approval Team carries out type approval of railway vehicles and constituents, according to technical standard that is noticed by Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. Type approval covers general technical and quality issues of railway vehicles and constituents. We also conduct the inspections and certification on railway RAMS and SIL as a authorized inspection agency(ISO/IEC 17020) and internationally authorized certification agency(ISO/IEC 17065).
- Type approval and manufacturer approval for railway vehicles by Railway Safety Law
- Type approval and manufacturer approval for railway constituents by Railway Safety Law
- Railway vehicle performance
- Operation of authorized inspection agency(KOLAS) and certification agency(KAS) and related research
Railroad Technical Regulation Team
Railroad Technical Regulation Team researches railroad technical regulations and standards to meet international levels and builds and amends the foundation of regulations related to railroad vehicle safety diagnosis.
- R&D and enactment/amendment support of technical regulations for railroad vehicles and equipments
- R&D and enactment/amendment support of railroad standards (KRS, KS, etc.)
- Support on enactment/amendment of inspection articles of the railroad safety act
- International exchange related to railroad test/inspection/certification and standards
- Works related to precision diagnosis of railroad vehicles
Advanced Test Equipment Build-up Team
Advanced Test Equipment Build-up Team is the department that builds and operates the railway test facilities.
- Construction and operation of railway test equipment and facilities
- Operation and related studies of certified testing institute
- Education and training in test and certification
- Tasks for improving customer satisfaction in test and certification