Electrification System Research Team
Electrification System Research Team develops core technologies and performs researches to improve stability and efficiency of electrification facility by developing maintenance and diagnosis technology based on IoT technology.
- Development of OHE & Current Collection Technology
- Development of Electrification Facility & Equipment
- Analysis & Development of Operation Technology for Traction Power Supply System (TPSS)
- Development of Energy Conversion & New Renewable Energy Technology for Electric Railway
- Development of Maintenance & Diagnosis Technology for Electrification System
Propulsion System Research Team
The Propulsion System Research Team researches core technologies for eco-friendly and high-efficiency power conversion systems based on power electronics technology. We also develop power systems applied with wireless power transfer / renewable energy technologies and systems for high output power and light weight propulsion system for practical use.
- R&D of Advanced Propulsion System
- R&D of Increase and Improvement of Railway System Efficiency
- R&D of Practical Technology for Wireless Power Supply System and Future Wireless Power Supply
- R&D of Energy Storage System
- R&D of Failure Diagnosis, Permission Operation and Lifetime Prediction Technology of Power Conversion Equipment
- R&D of Electro-Magnetic Compatibility in Railway System
Train Control & Communication Research Team
Train Control & Communication Research Team researches core technologies of railway signalling and communication through railroad and ICT convergence to meet the national and public demands.
- Research on intelligent railway technology through railway and ICT convergence.
- Research on railway signalling and communication core technology to improve safety, efficiency and convenience.
- Research on interoperability of railway signalling and communication in national railway network.
- Standardization and application of railway signalling and communication technology.
- Research on monitoring, diagnosis, and automation for maintenance efficiency of railway signalling and communication.
Intermodal Transfer System Research Team
Intermodal Transfer System Research Team develops core technologies of the future transportation system for intermodal transfer including Mini-Tram (PRT, Personal Rapid Transit), and conducts researches to improve the convenience of transfer for public transportation users.
- R&D of Core Technologies for Mini-Tram (PRT) System
- R&D of Practical Development of Mini-Tram (PRT)
- R&D of Future Transportation System for Intermodal Transfer
- R&D of Technologies to Improve Convenience of Intermodal Transfer
- R&D of Autonomous(Cooperative) Public Transportation System