Hyper Tube Express (HTX) Research Team
Hyper Tube Express (HTX) Research Team develops core technologies for a new transportation
“Hyper Tube Express (HTX)”of which travel speed is over 1000 km/h, which will enable a hyper-connected network across the country.
- R&D of Hyper Tube Aerodynamic Integrated Design, Safety & Operation Technology
- R&D of Module-based Subsonic Propulsion Technology
- R&D of Super-conducting Electrodynamic Suspension (EDS) Magnetic Levitation Technology
- R&D of Active Suspension & Capsule Stabilization Technology
- R&D of Sub-vacuum Tubes and Air-tightening Technology for Infrastructures
- R&D of the Algorithm of the Capsule Train Position Sensing & System Operation
Autonomous Vehicles Research Team
Autonomous Vehicles Research Team develops autonomous vehicles control technologies for improving safety and creating a new paradigm of public transportation via railroad.
- Autonomous Train Control System (ATCS)
- Virtual Coupling Technologies based on ATCS
- Cyber Security for ATCS
- Sensing, Decision-making and Control Techniques for ATCS
- Autonomous Control Technologies for High-capacity Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Systems
- Unmanned Vehicle(Drone) Technologies
Transportation Environmental Research Team
Transportation Environmental Research Team is pursuing development of cutting-edge technologies related to railway noise/vibration, indoor/outdoor air quality improvement, land pollution assessment, GHG emission reduction, and energy efficiency improvement in the areas of railway system and environment.
- Air pollution and quality according to the transportation system
- Indoor air quality assessment and comfort improvement
- Noise/vibration expectation and reduction of transportation modes
- Land and water pollution analysis and recovery technology of transportation system
- Green house gas (GHG) emission reduction, climate changes and energy efficiency improvement
- Other intelligent technologies with respect to the transportation environment research areas
Railroad Safety Research Team
Railroad Safety Research Team develops core technologies for safety management to prevent railroad accidents so that public can use the railroad safely. Also our team researches the damage reduction and emergency response technologies which make public safety as the first priority in any case of accident.
- R&D of Smart Railroad Safety Management System Technology
- R&D of RAMS(Reliability, Availability, Maintainability & Safety) Technology for Transport System
- R&D of Collision, Fire & Running Safety Technology for Transport System
- R&D of Railroad Safety Monitoring & Control Technology
- R&D of Human Error Management Technology
- R&D of Emergency Response Technology related to Railway Accident and Incident
Smart Mobility Research Team
Smart Mobility Research Team is the department that develops the railway smart mobility & related service technology to draw out the new value creation so that the public can experience the technology through enhancement of life convenience & safety.
- R&D of route guidance and support system technology for mobility handicapped in railway station
- R&D of data platform and related technology for enhancement of life convenience & safety of railway users.
- R&D of IoT based data collection, management, and providing technology
- R&D of AI–related technology for railway application
- R&D of the standardization and development for railway big data platform technology
Northern Railroad Research Team
The Northern Railroad Research Team is the department which conducts technology development for railway connections from Korea to Europe to achieve Eurasia interoperability.
- R&D of technology for gauge change bogie
- R&D of core technology for railway vehicle, infrastructure and logistics
- R&D of Northern railway compatibility technology
- Supporting the Korean Peninsula New Economy Map and Northern Cooperation Policy